U.S. Senator Rand Paul's Wife Makes A Plea To A Democrat Senator To Retract His Call To His Supporters To Physically Confront Republicans

Senator Rand Paul being ceremonially sworn-in by Vice President Joe Biden, along with his family. 4 January 2011, Wikipedia

Kelley Paul, CNN: My husband, Rand Paul, and our family have suffered intimidation and threats

(CNN)An open letter to Senator Cory Booker:

It's nine o'clock at night, and as I watch out the window, a sheriff's car slowly drives past my home. I am grateful that they have offered to do extra patrols, as someone just posted our home address, and Rand's cell number, on the internet -- all part of a broader effort to intimidate and threaten Republican members of Congress and their families. I now keep a loaded gun by my bed. Our security systems have had to be expanded. I have never felt this way in my life.

In the last 18 months, our family has experienced violence and threats of violence at a horrifying level. I will never forget the morning of the shooting at the congressional baseball practice, the pure relief and gratitude that flooded me when I realized that Rand was okay.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: I have been a student and an observer of American politics for 40 years, but I have never seen this amount of hate, calls for violence, and violence from one political party directed at another as I have seen in the past two years. The scary part is that this type of vitriol only brings out the crazies, as we learned when a Bernie Sanders supporter tried to massacre a number of Republican Congressman playing baseball last year. I can also just imagine the number of death threats that President Trump must receive everyday, and the concerns and worries at the Secret Service on how to protect him, members of his staff, and Republican members of Congress. And the sad part is that this is getting worse.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: