Weight.

This is coolbert:

Within context to the previous blog entry and from a conversation [edited to an extent at my discretion] with an acknowledged aviation authority:

"When I flew Fox 4s [Phantom F-4], I weighed 143 lbs. [sixty-five kilo grams stripped as they say sans equipment] — every day for the entire time I flew. But weight wasn’t a factor for the lightweights amongst us, as the survival gear [during combat air missions] we always wore added significantly to our weight. When I weighed myself fully equipped for a combat mission, I tipped the scales at 205 lbs. [ninety-five kilo grams]. Stateside, where I didn’t carry so [much survival gear] . . . my weight in the US minus all that [impedimenta] was probably only around 160-170 lbs. [seventy-five kilo grams]."

Survival gear as noted during combat air missions to include:

* Survival handguns + ammo for same.
* Grenades.
* Knives.
* Rations.
* Medical gear.
* Survival radios and batteries for same.

Those persons overweight the solution for the "patient" under the care of a military medical professional to subsist on a controlled diet of three hard-boiled eggs per day all the while drinking copious amounts of water. Weight reduction fast!

And thank you acknowledged aviation authority. You input greatly appreciated.

coolbert.




Subscribe to receive free email updates: