Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau Says He Is 'Worried' About The Coronavirus Situation In Montreal

cpac | YouTube

France 24: Canada PM 'worried' about situation in Montreal

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called Saturday for caution and expressed concern about loosening lockdown measures in Montreal, the epicenter of Canada's coronavirus outbreak.

"We need to make sure that we go progressively, and slowly and gradually on any reopening," Trudeau said, reminding reporters that he is himself a Quebecer.

"Of course, I'm worried," Trudeau said.

While several Canadian provinces, including Quebec, are preparing reopening measures and a gradual revival of their economies, Trudeau stressed prudence and said that the country is not yet out of danger.

"Our focus right now is on recognizing that we are not in the recovery phase yet. We are not even fully into the restarting phase yet. We are still in the emergency phase," Trudeau said.

"Being very careful, step by step, is going to be so important," he said.

Quebec is the worst-hit province in Canada, with more than half of both the country's 67,000 cases of coronavirus and 4,700 deaths.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: Regular readers know that I live in Montreal. But since the start of the pandemic I have been living in my chalet 150km north of Montreal. I am responsible for the care of my 94 year old mother, and while she is physically healthy, because of her age she is high risk, and I am not going to take any chances. As for the situation in Montreal, it is grim. It is Canada's epicentre for coronavirus. I have travelled back and forth a few times, and I do not like what I see. With the exception of essential services, no one is working. Long lines outside of banks, pharmacies, and supermarkets. And what is worse. There are no signs that the situation will improve. Everyone I know is worried, stressed, and scared. Besides the health fears, the number one worry among everyone is finances. And as for me. I always hope for the best, but I am preparing for the worse. I know we will be OK, but when this is all over it is going to be a different Montreal from the one that I have gotten to know and love.

More News On Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau Saying He Is 'Worried' About The Coronavirus Situation In Montreal

Trudeau Admitted He's Worried For Montreal As City's Case Count Continues To Rise -- Mtl Blog
'Of course, I'm worried': PM Trudeau expresses concern about Quebec's reopening plans -- CTV News
Trudeau warns premature reopening could send Canada 'back into confinement' -- Reuters

Subscribe to receive free email updates: