WNU And Quebec's Power Black-Out

City workers clears fallen branches Thursday, April 6, 2023 after yesterday’s ice storm which left over a million customers without power in Montreal.THE CANADIAN PRESS/Ryan Remiorz  

WNU Editor: I live in the Canadian province of Quebec, and we experienced an ice-storm and massive power black-out on Wednesday .... Quebec ice storm: Hydro reconnections, debris cleanup will take all weekend (Montreal Gazette). My area was particularly hard hit .... Hundreds of thousands still without power in Quebec following ice storm (CTV News). 

 I had confidence that the power would be restored quickly. But I was wrong. It was restored only a few minutes ago. 

At my home in Montreal I have a fireplace, candles, a lot of prepper stuff, food, essentials, etc.. The error that I made is that my gas/propane and solar generators are at my chalet, not at my home in Montreal. 

But I was not in a rush to leave my home in Montreal and grab my generator and bring it back to Montreal or to stay up north. 

Took the time to chill, relax, and catch up on some badly needed sleep. 

I was planning to drive to my chalet this evening, but the power came back on. 

Sighhh .... My two day break has come to an end. 

I have a lot of news to catch up on and a lot of emails to respond to. Give me a few hours, and I will be back to blogging.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: